Each year falls are among the most common causes of injuries and fatalities on the job site.
Construction companies need to establish safe work environments to prevent falls from elevated workplaces or from higher levels to lower levels. McClellan Sales offers a wide range of fall prevention equipment and gear that will keep your staff safe while on the job.
Employers must set up the workplace to prevent employees from falling off of overhead platforms, elevated work stations or into holes in the floor and walls. OSHA requires that fall protection is provided at elevations of four feet in general industry workplaces and six feet in the construction industry. In addition, OSHA requires that fall protection be provided when working over dangerous equipment and machinery, regardless of the fall distance.
How Can You Reduce Falls in the Workplace?
As an employer, you owe it to your workforce to prevent falls and injuries on the work site. Here are some OSHA-recommended strategies you can take:
● Reducing the user's reach needed to connect a lanyard or self-retracting device. 1" polyester webbing, trailing D-ring and double locking snap hook.
● Provide a guardrail and toeboard around every elevated open sided platform, floor or runway.
● Regardless of height, if a worker can fall into or onto dangerous machines or equipment (such as a vat of acid or a conveyor belt) employers must provide guardrails and toe-boards to prevent workers from falling and getting injured.
● Other means of fall protection that may be required for specific jobs include safety harness and line, safety nets, stair railings and handrails.
Equipment You Can Use on the Job
McClellan Sales has a wide selection of equipment and tools you can use to help make the work environment safer for your employees. Some products that will prevent injury include:
● Web extenders and lifelines
● Guard Rail Systems
● Shock-absorbing lanyards
● Anchor slings
● Anchor wedges
By using the appropriate equipment, you can create a safer work environment for your entire crew. McClellan Sales’ safety specialists can help you use the equipment correctly so that you can get optimum use out of it.
McClellan Sales Offers Industrial Safety Equipment
If you are looking for high-end industrial safety equipment for your staff, contact McClellan Sales. We offer a wide selection of industrial supplies and gear that keeps your workforce safe throughout the day. From public work projects to landscaping and industrial repair services we are your leading industrial equipment supplier in Minnesota. To find out more about our products, visit our website. You can also call us at 888-206-2569, or you can message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.